About us - Hotel Hohenstauffen Salzburg, close to the station, rooms available in a central location
Gerlinde, Andreas, Sara and Andi Reichl are now the third generation to maintain the tradition of Austrian hospitality, doing all they can to make their guests' stay as comfortable and enjoyable as possible.
Our building in the Elisabeth-Vorstadt district dates back to 1898. This part of the city was carefully planned out following the construction of the station around 1860. Originally, this area was known as “Froschheim” (Frog Fields), because there were only meadows, woodland and the ponds of the Salzachauen marshlands, home to countless frogs. It was when the Empress Elisabeth visited the district in 1898 that its name was changed.
Our family has owned and managed this hotel ever since that time. At first it was called the “Zum Stauffen” inn, and later it became the 3-star Hotel Hohenstauffen.